Monday, November 10, 2008

Escape routes

I watch significantly less TV than I used to, but there are still shows I love. I am really excited for Lost and 24's returns in early 2009. Really like Desperate Housewives this season, and Brothers & Sisters (Yes, really do like Justin & Rebecca). I love House still, and omg, loving Huddy--the House/Cuddy kiss was very intriguing, finally!!

That is making me miss some of the old TV I watched. I used to love soaps, of course, and it's been years now since I've watched. I was rereading old Roger & Holly transcripts/youtube scenes. Gosh, that was fifteen years ago. I think that was the last time a couple broke my heart. J&J, Harley & Mallet, Roger & Holly...I think those were my standout couples. Their stories were so great, the acting so good, the dialogue so top-notch. I don't think there is anything like that today on soaps. That is one thing I've always liked about House...great, snappy, snarky dialogue. The summer of 1993 on GL and 1990 on Days were probably the best storyline periods ever.

I don't need that romance and escapism as much in my life anymore. When you are in high school and lonely, that stuff that captivates you back then. And probably even now, if it was possible. Those scenes have lost nothing in the fifteen years since. Wow.

No comments: