Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Assessment of the Candidates

I thought Dan Bartlett's assessment of the candidates is pretty much right on.
Though I am not as big of a fan of Huckabee.

It's hard to know how much/how little Mitt Romney's religion will hurt him. It didn't hurt him when he was elected governor of Massachusetts, though some would say that is because of the enlightened, liberal, accepting Northeastern elite types. The South is too stuck in the 1950s. Well, we'll see. I think he and Giuilani are the best candidates right now. I'm not sure about McCain, but I think he could surprise us. There are things I like about him--most consistently pro-life, a long record of service to this country, as tough as anyone on the war on terrorism. But he's too old, and campaign finance is a big obstacle to overcome to win the right.

No comments: