Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Year Ago..

One year ago today, we were enroute to Africa.

It was such an anticipated trip, the farthest away I had ever traveled away from home. And it was an entirely new experience,a different one, and it was the focal point of the summer of 2012.

This year? We get to meet a new nephew this weekend. He's so cute, with a head full of dark hair. Definitely looks more like the SIL. He has a helpful big brother, and an aunt who already adores him. Love love love.

And then it's off to celebrate our five year anniversary and then it's a few days at home before Texas and a trip to Montana. So then we'll spend late August at home, ready for the football season and ready for Autumn. And the long, hot, power-outage filled summer will draw to a close. And I don't even know where it went to begin with.

One thing I hate is how already, in late July, the days are shortening. I hate early sunsets and it always makes me sad to see the night time creep longer, so soon it will fall before 8pm. And then 7pm by September or so. And then the darkness will fill the days of winter. I'm not fond of the cold.

I need a new project or life initiative or something to fill up the hours of light. And I'm mulling over ideas, but I don't know where they will lead. I just need to record this moment and thought process.

No comments: