Monday, June 10, 2013

Napa '13

The annual Napa trip always goes by much too quickly, and I don't realize it until the whirlwind is over and then we return, all jet-lagged and ready for another week. We had much good food, of course. Bottega was fantastic, and the wine we drank (Biale Black Chicken Zinfindel) was also on Saturday's long and lush menu. That may have been one of my favorite ever Napa menus, though it was much too much. That peach salad with goat cheese, the gnocchi I'm still dreaming of, the sausage and clams and the spice, and dessert, which was the weakest link, though those donuts were quite tasty. Conversation was also delightful, and it made me nostalgic and reflective about my time working here. Though that long flight home, despite the very interesting The Interestings, took even longer. With the husband gone, I've got a long week ahead and much to do. And a disaster of a house to clean up.

No comments: