Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Florida

For a trip that began with an agonizingly long delay and to go cups of wine, Florida turned out to be pretty nice. Time with work friends, away from the drudgery of daily life, a little time on the beach, and time with family was the recipe for the perfect weekend. It did go by so fast. It reminded me of previous Orlando visits--at 10, at 12, at 18, at 25...now at 37. Little pockets of memory, and it is a snapshot in time of the girl or the woman I am now. I'm fortunate to have these networks of friends across the country in my life, and days go by and I just only dwell on the frustrations and headaches that exist on a daily basis.

But it was nice way to spend part of Father's Day weekend. Remembering my grandfather, whose parents lived in Bridgeport, Connecticut, apparently. You learn something new every day. If only my great-grandmother had succeeded in evading him! Felicia and Walter, I believe.  How life would change, and cease to exist.

No comments: