Friday, October 12, 2012

Two Great Victories

I grew up a baseball fan; I'll admit that. I loved the Tigers, and remembering their 1984 World Series victory was a highlight of being a kid. 

Yesterday marked two great baseball victories. For my first Nationals game of the season, I saw a walk off home run by Jayson Werth to force a decisive Game 5 of the NLDS.  And several hours later, Justin Verlander pitched a gem of a complete game shutout to send Oakland packing. He truly is the greatest pitcher in baseball--is there anyone else you'd want on the mound to win a game for you?

So hopefully the momentum of the yesterday won't be a damper on tonight and tomorrow's games. NY and Baltimore are going to have to rebound quickly, and I think that'll be a positive for Detroit.

Go Tigers! (and Nats...for now!)

No comments: