Monday, April 2, 2012

20-Something Saturday

We had one of those random Saturdays, full of a little bit of moving, lots of margaritas, loud music, talking to old and new friends, and general laziness.  All followed by pizza. Steve said it reminded him of lots of Saturdays when he was in his 20s, when goofing off with friends, heavy alcohol consumption, and general feelings of uselessness were the marks of many a weekend. 

It's this strange bubble I feel myself in sometimes, when my late 30 something/early 40 something childless-friends make me feel a little less unsettled, and I am actually glad I can just do nothing for an afternoon. It's okay to do nothing when you are so constantly driven to accomplish something. It makes you feel a little less grown up, at least for a bit. And then Sunday comes and productivity and cleaning house and ironing clothes and getting ready for another work week is all that awaits.

But moments with friends, relaxing, joking around and blaring loud music...it made for a memorable Saturday, and a rare one which is also a memorable one, too.

No comments: