Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving in the D

Ten Things I will remember from Thanksgiving in Detroit...

1. Lots of nephew moments. "I don't want any more food. Alcohol!" He so proudly pronounced that. He also took a swig of my (empty) Blue Moon and took pictures of all of our beer.
2. And he "played" Apples to Apples.  He also proudly showed me his new bedroom and his new toyroom. Spoiled!!
3. The Daz hug.
4. Shopping at Lakeside with mom.
5. Watching football at B-Dubs with Paul and Steve.
6. And watching more football....Lions lose after Suh rages, the Cowboys eke it out against Miami, the 49ers lose the Haubaugh-bowl to Baltimore, and U-M finally beats Ohio State.
7. Good runs. One with Steve, one with Paul, and one alone.
8. Mom giving me a new prayer book and struggling with the right responses at mass.
9. Watching Jurassic Park with dad.
10. Having dinner with the whole family on Wednesday night at Roger's Roost. It doesn't happen often enough.

No comments: