Monday, September 12, 2011

This Weekend

I have already written about my feelings on the anniversary of 9/11. I don't have much else to say.  I do want to acknowledge the weariness and wariness I felt running on Sunday morning on the Hill, with streets blocked off and an increased presence of cops. It is eerie. It is uncomfortable.

There is enough that makes me uncomfortable. Bad football losses. Shouting and wailing when things are "unfair."  Exhaustion from the lack of sleep or from feeling heavy. 

Maybe I have been wallowing in too much negativity lately, but that weariness has permeated my being. I need to be cheered up or have something happy happen. I wish I could have a special weekend away or a shopping trip or a family visit to look forward to.  And it feels selfish to say that in light of yesterday's sad anniversary.  But it is human of me, real of me, to want to express that, even if no one is listening.

No comments: