Friday, September 23, 2011

Acadiana

We went out for an impromptu dinner at Acadiana the other night. We split a bottle of wine, the meat pies, and redfish with cheesy grits.  It was my first time there, and I don't know why I haven't been before. The biscuits they served as bread would have been much better had they been warm, and we were a bit taken a back by the abruptness with which they gave us our 2/3 completed bottle to go. But it was a nice, early night out and what has been a mediocre week.

I am actually hoping to do some real cooking this weekend. I really want to take a stab at making chili. I might break down and get a slow cooker. I bet I could get a decent one from Target. I have all of these magazines and recipes I've ripped out but have been too exhausted to cook. It's time, especially if it will be somewhat rainy this weekend and I'll be held hostage by football.

No comments: