Monday, July 18, 2011

Workouts Lately

I've been working to regain my running mojo lately, and I had a pretty good 7.5 mile run on Saturday morning, to and from the Lincoln Memorial.  First one like that in a while.  Unfortunately, with triple digit temps ready to strike, I doubt I'm going to be doing much outdoor running come up. Strictly the treadmill, particularly if it's going to be much above 80 degrees at 7am. Ugh. Only part of summer I dislike. The longest daylight of the year is also wasted on the hottest days of the year. But we have another Army Ten Miler to train for, so we have to get going on that.

I do feel like I've somewhat broken out of that running slump I was in a few months ago.  I think having moved helped. I shave a new routine run down pat which has added some freshness.  Hopefully I'll be able to do more Lincoln runs as temps eventually get cooler.

No comments: