Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great time in Detroit. I could just sit and stare and my awesome nephew for hours. Him putting dishes in the dishwasher, throwing things away, listening to his story about Max and Ruby, playing in his sandbox and his little house, wearing all sorts of cutie clothes, and etc. He has the perfect lightly curly sandy brown hair, and he can smile and smile all day long. He is just awesome. And my brother is such a good dad. Honestly, he is patient and just confident enough. And it's so cute to see dad with Joey; he is totally in his element. Of course, I could say that about mom, too. they just light up whenever he's around. That kid is so loved. And I hope he always is this happy, before the world gets to him.

It was good to see family and maybe I could write a better word than "good" but this was the essence of good. It's just good. It's easy and happy and I miss being there already, so so much.

No comments: