Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grandma's Birthday

Today Grandma would have turned 96 years old. She's been gone nearly fifteen years, and was ill so long before that. I remember her beautiful skin (can I please have that someday!), how nice she smelled in her Charlie perfume, her purses and her beautiful smile. She was the most resilient person I knew, with such strong faith, and I miss her. I can't believe she's been gone so long. I was a senior in high school, then. Wow.

I hope baby Joey gets to know his grandparents til they're in their 90s!!! Cindy just sent some pictures. He's so cute, kinda pudgy, and always with that funny little grumpy expression on his face, like hey, why are guys bothering me so much? Though mom thinks he's already manipulating everyone into paying attention to him. He's a very smart baby.

No comments: