Monday, February 25, 2008

Readings and Shopping

Having spent about 12 hours in a plane over the last few days, I finished reading God and Gold, finally. Eh, B-. Named an Economist Book of the Year for 2007, I found it overly poetic at times, as if the author were trying to hard. The chapters on America's economic prosperity and growth, and religious inclination, were most fascinating to me. I may be pretty ignorant to admit this, and maybe I read through it much too quickly, but I did not quite grasp his walrus and carpenter analogy. Perhaps I just need to read Alice in Wonderland. Regardless, I am glad to have finished it. I finally started Jonah's Liberal Fascism.

I almost bought a suit today at Ann Taylor, but I couldn't quite pay for a $200+ suit when I didn't find the fitting just perfect. Will do more shopping later this week b/c I really need another suit. I did get a new pair of pants and some tops.

No comments: