Monday, February 24, 2014

Interview with Liam Neeson

The recent 60 Minutes interview with Liam Neeson on the 5th anniversary of his wife's death has been making news. It's so lovely, and rare, to hear of a Hollywood actor talk with such adoration about his wife. I thought this was sweet, too.
Richardson's sudden, tragic death left Neeson to raise their sons, 13 and 12 at the time of their mother's passing, by himself. To this day, he told Cooper, he occasionally gets "this profound feeling of instability." But he's doing "okay" as a single parent.

"You know, it could have been a hell of a lot worse. I'm name-dropping for a second. Bono is a pal, and he came 'round to have a dinner," the Taken star said of the U2 singer and fellow Irishman. "And I remember he was sitting beside Micheal and, just out of the blue, he said, 'What age are you Micheal?' He said -- Micheal said, 'Thirteen.' And [Bono] said, 'Yeah, that's the age I was when I lost my mum.'"

"That was it. And it -- I -- I could've kissed him for it," Neeson continued. "He was, like, saying, 'You know, I lost my mom at this age and I'm doing okay. And you will do okay, too.'"

No comments: