Friday, April 24, 2009

People

So one of my current favorite time-wasters is to go through old People magazines. The mag has put up past entire issues to view page by page online, in their original form. I flipped through a couple of issues from 1989-90...twenty years ago!!...and it's amazing how that time doesn't seem so long ago, when looking though the dates images of celebrities and current event stories, it does seem a long time ago! It's funny to see what constituted young Hollywood then (Johnny Depp, Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder, River Phoenix, Martha Plimpton, etc.) and now how they are all, well, two decades older. The failed relationships, the surprising connections of costars, the stars' young children then. Crazy.

I think about where I was at that time, the same age as Rhonda's granddaughter...13 or 14...hating junior high, right before obsessing on J&J, so ready to leave behind all of those St. V people that I have so recently reconnected with. And to see that set in the context of time is strange.

You know what would be even cooler to search through, though...old issues of SOD or Sassy. I could spend days, no weeks, flipping through that!!

No comments: