Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Moved

Ugh, I hate moving. But at least all of the old stuff is now in the new house. Granted, much stuff is still in piles in the dining room, waiting to be sorted and thrown away. Much of that is the boy's. But at least we are out of 1768. The movers got there relatively on time, and moving went pretty smoothly, except for crazy lady across the street. Pricey, but gosh we have a lot of stuff!! The next pricey item are blinds, but then we are done spending. I plan to get my haircut on Saturday, then venture to Macy's on the worst shopping day of the year. I would like to get some nice stainless steel bathroom accessories there with gift card moolah.

Experimenting with commuting has been interesting, and time consuming. I guess the fastest, most expedient way is walking/metro. Or walking/circulator if it comes quickly. I am trying to get up every day at 7am, which is not a huge problem b/c I am usually awake. Of course, driving is quickest, but most pricey. And I really dislike the X8 bus; will avoid that when possible. There are some interesting shops/liquor store places on F street. I do like the walk. I will get back in the gym habit soon, and will need to sign up for results upon the return from Michigan. But it is nice to take a little gym break. Unfortunately, the holiday goodies are a huge temptation here, so I must avoid if possible.

I also trying to readjust my coffee addition, to either make it here or bring it from home or simply just not buy it every day. I really do need the caffeine fix. Just black coffee and creamer will work, thought the nasty folgers-esque coffee we here simply will not do. Maybe I should bring in one of the old coffee makers/press.

Finally, I've been listening to All Songs considered's year in review. Fleet Foxes, Vampire Weekend, My Morning Jacket, Blitzen Trapper, Animal Collective, etc. What I don't have, along with a mix of some of what I do. I am very excited to put together my ipod list of my favorite 2008 songs! I will need to post on that.

No comments: